It may sound like a contradiction but those with dry eye syndrome may notice their eyes water more than normal. This is their eyes’ response to the irritation caused by the condition. Another common symptom is the inability to keep the eyes open for an extended period of time due to soreness and a stinging sensation, which may be worsened with prolonged reading or watching television.
Usually affecting both eyes, other common symptoms to look out for include:
- Stinging or burning sensations in your eyes
- Mucus in or around your eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Redness of the eyes
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses
- Blurred vision or eye fatigue
If these symptoms begin to interfere with your daily routine or are present to the point of causing pain, we recommend you to book an appointment with a LASERSIGHT Consultant Optometrist.