Highly experienced refractive eye surgeons
Laser Sight is the most experienced LASIK group in Australasia.
Headed by Dr Peter Stewart, our team of Ophthalmic surgeons have now carried out over 55,000 LASIK vision correction procedures in Australia, and have trained in excess of 400 fellow surgeons throughout Australasia and South-East Asia in vision correction techniques and procedures.
- Dr Peter Stewart, our founder and medical director, pioneered the LASIK procedure in Australasia in July 1995.
- All our doctors are highly experienced refractive eye surgeons, having practiced in Australia and overseas. They are members of the Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists.
- We believe 100% in our results. 5 of our surgeons as well as 34 staff members, their families and more than 130 of our affiliated optometrists have successfully undergone the LASIK procedure at Laser Sight.
- To date we have performed over 55,000 successful procedures, with results that speak for themselves: over 99% of our patients no longer have to wear glasses or contact lenses in their everyday life and for driving.
- We train eye surgeons in the LASIK procedure. In fact, we are the only Bausch & Lomb appointed C-LASIK training centre in Australia.
- We are also involved in the training of surgeons for the ICL procedure.
- Dr Peter Stewart had the LASIK treatment performed by one of our doctors and no longer requires glasses for reading.
- We are currently conducting a TGA study to verify the safety of the promising Epilasik procedure.