Our 'Vision for Life' program provides you with the reassurance that if a re-treatment is appropriate to maintain optimal distance vision, patients who qualify will receive a re-treatment free of charge.
How do I register?
If you qualify, you will be automatically enrolled once your laser vision correction is completed. When you return to your post-operative LSCA contact, you will receive a 'Vision for Life' passport. To ensure that you are fully informed about the program you must read and sign the 'Vision for Life' document which outlines the terms and conditions.
'Vision For Life' covers patients who have had laser vision correction at Laser Sight. Most shortsighted and astigmatic patients qualify – in fact 99% of the shortsighted population could benefit from this program.
To qualify, you should have good general health; have laser vision correction at one of our centres, and meet the clinical guidelines as outlined in our program details. Hyperopic (farsighted) patients are eligible for our "Clear Vision Commitment".
What happens if I do not qualify?
As a Laser Sight patient, if you are you are not eligible for 'Vision For Life' but are medically advised to have a re-treatment you will qualify for "Clear Vision Commitment".
Meet the Guidelines
You can play an active role in maintaining your eligibility to 'Vision for Life' by attending all scheduled post-operative checks and routine eye examinations as recommended by Laser Sight.
Does it include CustomEyes™ re-treatments?
If you meet the eligibility for the program and did not have CustomEyes™ initially but require a CustomEyes™ re-treatment option, you will only be charged the difference between conventional laser vision correction and CustomEyes™. If you had a CustomEyes™ treatment and require a CustomEyes™ enhancement, it will be performed at no additional cost.
Clear Vision Commitment
Our 'Clear Vision Commitment' is for hyperopic (far-sighted) patients. All post operative care and enhancements, as deemed safe and appropriate, are provided at no Charge in the first 12 months after the initial procedure.
If the initial 12 months has passed and your surgeon advises that you are medically suitable for a re-treatment, then the cost of the re-treatment will be provided at 50% of the current laser vision correction recommended by your surgeon.
If you had conventional treatment but your surgeon recommends a CustomEyes™ re-treatment, then you will be only charged the difference between the two procedures (within the first 12 months).
If you had CustomEyes™ as the original procedure and require a CustomEyes™ enhancement, this will be performed at no charge provided it is performed within 12 months of the original procedure.
Am I eligible for lasik or customeyes™?
How long will the procedure take?
Will I be able to throw away my glasses?
Laser Sight takes pride in providing easy access for patients in the convenient locations, to find the surgery closest to you.
Laser eye surgery with Laser sight offers a lifetime of safe and affordable vision correction. Find out our cost comparison calculator.
Find Consultant Optometrist
For an independent eye assessment, make an appointment with your nearest optometrist.
If you book online
Book your free suitability assessment to determine the best individual treatment plan for you!
Book Online Now!
Terms & Conditions
- Laser Sight undertake to provide any LASIK/PRK/LASEK enhancement procedures including associated costs involved in the delivery of the procedure only and post-enhancement examinations for up to but not including or exceeding 12 months from the enhancement, that may be required within the term and conditions of the "Vision For Life Program", provided that the enhancement procedure is deemed to be advisable and safe by the treating surgeon. Provided also that the original aim of the initial procedure was not satisfactorily met.
- The enhancement procedure will be provided at no charge as long as it is the same as the initial procedure (for example: a LASIK enhancement is provided at no charge if the initial procedure was a LASIK procedure). If an alternative intervention is required as determined by the operating surgeon and agreed to by the patient a fee will apply.
- The "Vision For Life Program" is valid for all myopic treatments up to -10 dioptres and astigmatic treatments up to 5 dioptres.
- Monovision procedures, performed for the correction of presbyopia within the specified parameters on myopic patients, will qualify for the "Vision For Life Program". Enhancements will be performed at no additional cost should the visual acuity in the eye treated for monvision be less than be less than N8 and if deemed advisable and safe by the treating surgeon (this does not cover or include the reversal of monovision).
- To qualify for the "Vision For Life Program" you must attend each post-operative examination appointment, as is normally prescribed by your surgeon, 1 day at Laser Sight, and thereafter at either Laser Sight or your local Consultant Optometrist.
- Laser Sight will cover costs of all of post-operative examinations within 12 months of the initial procedure undertaken at either Laser Sight or your local Consultant Optometrist. Laser Sight will not cover any post-operative examination undertaken outside of Australia unless it is performed at a Laser Sight in another country.
- To ensure the best eye care now and in the future, it is important that you have your vision and eye health checked regularly and on an ongoing basis after your initial post-operative period is complete. To ensure the validity of your "Vision For Life Program" we recommend you attend routine eye examinations with your local Consultant Optometrist at intervals deemed necessary by the Optometrists. This typically every 1-2 years thereafter, from the date of your initial procedure. These routine eye examinations will incur a cost determined by your Consultant Optometrist or will be charged to Medicare as is appropriate. Should you require or elect to undertake eye examinations after the anniversary date of the initial procedure at Laser Sight a consultation fee will apply.
- Each post-operative examination and ongoing optometrist vision assessment (as outlined on your Vision for Life Passport) must be recorded in this document in order for the 'Vision For Life Program' to remain valid. Should you require an enhancement after the anniversary date of your initial procedure and are unable to provide proof of undertaking routine eye examinations as outlined in point #7 of the terms and conditions, a fee will apply for further treatment.
The 'Vision For Life Program' does not include:
- The Doctor's consultation fee on matters that are not related to the vision correction procedure.
- Temporary or permanent need for corrective lenses as the eventual result of treatment
- Any pre-operative or post-operative assessments that are not provided by Laser Sight or Accredited or Consultant Optometrist as outlined in #7 of the terms and conditions of the 'Vision For Life' Program.
- Any incidental expenses such as medication other than those prescribed as part of the post-operative regime for the vision correction procedure, travel, accommodation, meals etc.
- The 'Vision For Life Program' does not apply to patients with diseases such active auto-immune collagen vascular disorders, or to patients diagnosed with an ocular disease such as cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, retinal tear/detachment, amblyopia, macular degeneration or other eye diseases, or to patients whose loss of vision is result of an accident involving trauma or ocular infections to the eye.
- The 'Vision For Life Program' does not apply to patients who do not permanently reside in Australia or a country in which a Laser Sight sister clinic is located and if the post-operative visit is undertaken at such clinic.
- This 'Vision For Life Program' will be deemed void if any of the ongoing assessment appointments are not attended or recorded, or if the prescribed medication(s) has not been taken.